Friday, November 25, 2011

Our Mallard Duck returns to school



For years now a duck and her drake have been visiting Auckland Point school. Yesterday she brought along her 12 ducklings. I spotted her taking them on a tour of the school, after class.
When I approached her with the camera, she called them close to her and she put her head down and she threatened my bare toes. She was saying, "Back Off, keep away from my ducklings!"
I left them with a tote tray of soggy left over lunch.
It was all gone this morning.... and so was mum duck and her family. I hope she didn't cross Haven Road!
Jack Thompson. Nov. 25th

3 comments:

  1. How gorgeous.

    I do hope they know how to cross the road safely.

    Allanah

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are soooooooo cute the mouther looks really protective to her ducklings. she was about to snip my toes.

    Jack Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack,
    We loved your story in the newsletter about the ducklings. Well done. You could be a famous writer one day.

    ReplyDelete

we value your comments, please identify yourself, so we know who is reading about us.