Tuesday, November 1, 2011




ABLE TASMAN WALK


As the van pulled up out side of my house ,“Are you ready YET!” Mum

shouted, “Yes I am mum’, I replied, going out the door and hopping into the van. On the way through Motueka we saw an alien in a phone box with the space ship by the side of the phone box.

We finally got to Kaiteriteri,and the boats pulled up. I didn’t know which boat we were going on but it was the Wilson's boat. It was so choppy that I almost fell off the side of the hand rails. The waves were up to the top of the boat. I got a little bit sea sick but I was okay. I was sitting by Eve on the boat. The boat stopped, “Why did the boat stop Eve?” I said.

“There is sand in the motor Jack " she told me. “

We went past a rock that looked like a mushroom, so we nicknamed it "mushroom bushroom". We all thought it was a pretty good name. We saw another one that looked like a apple split in half and its name is Split apple rock.

Then we went past a rocky kind of beach and we saw some seals camouflaged on the rocks, and the boat went slowly round it.

We pulled up on a beach that is called Torrent Bay and we were given two walk guides. They were both from the Wilson’s boat, one was named Dave and I can't remember what the other mans name was. Then we started walking around the the Abel Tasman Track all the way to Bark Bay. It took an hour and a half to get there. We all had lunch. We saw a tree from Australia that has killed an elephant because it has poisonous leaves.

The boat came to pick us up at Bark Bay and it was raining on the way back to Kaiteriteri Beach.

It was such a cool trip and I got to bring my mums old camera.

By Jack Thompson Age: 9

5 comments:

  1. Your trip looked lots of fun Jack, I hope I can go there one day. sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were so lucky to get out on the boat and see Kaiteriteri fromt the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awsome trip i hope you had a great time. from noah and manaia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trip looked lots of fun.
    Paige and Sahria

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a very good story jack i love it
    dylan case.

    ReplyDelete

we value your comments, please identify yourself, so we know who is reading about us.