Thursday, March 4, 2010

School Triathlon
Last Friday all children at Auckland Point took part in the annual school triathlon. Many parents and grandparents came to support and cheer on their children. Children had the opportunity to do all three events as an individual or compete in teams of three. With temperatures in the high twenties by 9.30, the ice block the children were given after it was over, was really appreciated.

Tinneka (Yr. 4) wrote...
Last Friday I was in the school triathlon. My team was Isabella, Skyla and I. Isabella was cycling, Skyla swum and I ran. After that we watched the big kids. They did the individual events. I had to be in the junior team. When I completed the triathlon I felt exhausted at the end. I ran on the paddock and in the end I fell over. I was knacked. For a treat we got an ice block. Matt did well. We didn't get a necklace like last year.

Georgia (Yr. 2) wrote...
Brearna and Brooklyn were in my team. Brooklyn was swimming and Brearna was scootering. Brooklyn helped me. She helped me swim. I was cold when I got out.

Luke (Yr.3) wrote...
On Friday I completed in the School Triathlon. I was in a team, Adam did the running, Cannan did the swimming and I did the cycling. Adam did 2 laps, Cannan did 5 laps and I did 3 laps. I was in the junior class. I cam first. I was very proud of myself. There were people watching me. When I was finished I had to go to the swimming pool and cheer on my team. I was very puffed at the end of the triathlon.


1 comment:

  1. It was a really fun day. I loved watching all the kids working their hardest for their teams and themselves. Next time maybe we could have a teacher's team as well? Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete

we value your comments, please identify yourself, so we know who is reading about us.