Monday, August 12, 2013

The Sun!


Today we had a special guest in our class - The Sun!
We asked him some questions and we got some answers!

Below is a transcript of the conversation.


Ashley: Please introduce yourself to us!

The Sun: "Hello boys and girls. I'm the Sun. I don't want to brag, but I am a very important source of energy."

Harrison: How do you help small plants?

The Sun: "Plants don't eat like people do. Instead, they use sunlight for energy to grow and stay alive. If there were no plants, what would animals and people eat? You people certainly need me!"

Ricky: How do you help trees?

The Sun: "As a tree grows it stores the sun's energy in its wood. When the wood is burned, it releases the sun's energy as heat and light."

Eva: What do you have to do with dinosaurs?

The Sun:  "Long ago, when the dinosaurs were still alive, plants and animals used the sun's energy. When they died, the sun's energy was stored in them. Today some of these old dead plants and animals with the stored sun's energy have changed into coal, oil and natural gas."

Kingi: Do you help with cars?

The Sun: "When we use gasoline in a car we are using very old sun's energy to make the car go!"

Sirus: Are you helpful to people?

The Sun: "By myself, I can keep you warm and give you light. I can be used to heat your home and heat your water. You must agree that I'm really quite wonderful!"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The Sun! Good questions! I learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka pai, what a lot I just learned from you all talking to the sun, Bronwyn

    ReplyDelete

we value your comments, please identify yourself, so we know who is reading about us.