Monday, August 8, 2011

Alex Donnelly. aka Jim Hickey,weatherman

St Vincent Room
Auckland Point School
111 Haven Road
Nelson.

Dear Jim Hickey
My name is Alex and I do the weather every morning just like you do for my class. My teacher Judi thinks I am as good as you. To do the weather, I watch you every night on 1 News. I have been doing the weather for 2 years and I want to do it until I move to the next class [which is next year].
I am a year 3 but my teacher treats me like a year 4. We have class gardens and a pump track and we have a big leftover hill of clay and we are going to turn it into eco huts. We have a school swimming pool and a great big, big field which is good for playing sport. We have done lots of trips, and even met Andy Dalton. Did you know we have an adopted ship, it is M V Enterprise and they email us about what they are up to and where they are in the ocean. My favourite trip was when we went to the Boulder Bank and ambushed the second load of kids that came on the little ferry, the Waka-to-&-fro. What is it like as a weather man? What do you do before you go on TV? What do you do after you do the weather? Do you do the weather live? How many times do you go on TV each day, cause I only see you at 6.45.
I want to be in the army and be a general. But maybe generals need to know what the weather is going to do.
From Alex D and the St.Vincent kids of Auckland Point School. St Vincent Room
Auckland Point School
111 Haven Road
Nelson.


No comments:

Post a Comment

we value your comments, please identify yourself, so we know who is reading about us.