Friday, February 18, 2011

Coleslaw Day





Today my class walked outside to our Edible Garden to get some vegetables for our coleslaw lunch. For our coleslaw we are going to have cabbage, carrots, cheese, mayo and corn but we are going to pick our corn tomorrow because it might be a bit sweeter. We pulled out all the butter beans and we are going to dry them out so we can plant them next spring. Some kids cut the parsley seeds so we can dry them too.
After my class and I harvested our corn (and some other things) we washed our hands and went to the hall to make our coleslaw. It was good because Jasmyn's mum, Jo, came to help us make our special lunch. While Judi and Jo set up, everyone else was reading a book, then we chose a job to do and I chose to cut the herbs and the parsley. I cut a lot of parsley and herbs, but in half an hour Jasmyn wanted to swap jobs with me, so I did. When I was cutting the carrot I was cutting it too fast and before you knew it I had grated an enormous pile of carrot. We tossed everything together. We poured some mayo over it and it was ready.
My coleslaw was called confetti slaw and the other coleslaw was apple coleslaw. I liked the apple best. The other one had peanuts in it. Everyone had bowl of coleslaw to try. Only Adam wouldn't try it. By Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment

we value your comments, please identify yourself, so we know who is reading about us.